Jr. Designer – Energy Efficiency (Full time, work from home – Vancouver-based)
Are you passionate about reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in existing buildings?
Do you want to be part of a team that is playing a leadership role in the transition to a cleaner future?
Are you excited about developing and implementing practical solutions that achieve this vision?
Do you enjoy working independently, and appreciate flexibility and working from home?
If so, you might be the next member of FRESCo’s team.
We are searching for someone who is looking to be part of a creative, diverse, and high-achieving team. Responsible for supporting clients with designing and implementing energy efficiency retrofits, you will contribute to projects in multi-family housing (market-rental, non-profits, and co-ops) and commercial buildings. You may also support a variety of other consulting projects aimed at developing strategies for advancing sustainability in buildings.
FRESCo is a Vancouver-based energy efficiency consulting company that works with building owners/managers, utilities, governments, and developers. We plan and implement practical solutions that reduce environmental impacts and make buildings better.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will:
- Support Professional Engineers with the design and implementation of energy efficiency upgrades
- Perform site visits at clients’ facilities
- Assist Professional Engineers with technical analysis
- Produce professional design drawings and reports independently, and in collaboration with other team members
- Communicate with clients in person, via phone, and in writing
Work Availability: Work from your home office; Full time 40 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday. Periodic site visits to buildings throughout BC (most often in the lower mainland) will be required; periodic in-person meetings in Vancouver will also be required.
Why join us?
- FRESCo is an industry leader in energy efficiency and fuel switching, particularly in multi-family and small-to-medium sized commercial buildings
- Help reduce environmental impacts and transition to a cleaner future
- Ability to work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours of work
- Creative environment
- Opportunity to play a leadership role in the industry and support innovative approaches to energy efficiency and fuel switching
- Opportunity to learn from an incredible team of industry leaders in energy efficiency and building decarbonization
Who you are:
- Hold strong environmental values while understanding for-profit business standards
- Desire and ability to acquire and apply technical expertise
- Integrity, honesty and responsibility with a desire to contribute to a team
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve issues through teamwork, respect, courtesy, and discretion
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Methodical in your approach to completing projects from start to finish
- Creative thinker who responds to a multitude of challenges and finds ways to get jobs and tasks complete within set deadlines and budgets
- Enthusiastic individual seeking long term commitment with a values-driven company
- Willingness and ability to travel to Canadian client sites when required
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum two years’ experience or equivalent training in mechanical HVAC design
- HVAC load calculation and energy modeling skills
- Training and experience with AutoCAD
- Post-secondary education in mechanical engineering or design
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) status with EGBC, or ASTTBC Technologist certification, preferred
- Experience with energy assessments and/or energy management an asset
- Building science or building enclosure knowledge an asset
- Skillful in Microsoft Office suite; particularly an intermediate+ proficiency in Excel
- Valid class five B.C. driver’s license and passport
Apply: If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicating ‘JRDEE 07.2021 – (FIRST NAME, LAST NAME) in the subject line by 5pm on July 9, 2021, but the job posting may be open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FRESCo celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse group of talented team members.